Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I Love SCIENCE!

First off: in awesome, breaking news, Logan sounded out his very first word last night. "Jill".  He was so incredibly proud of himself.  It "clicked" and he gets it now.  Tonight he sounded out "Zac" "rat" "mit" "hen" and "ball".  Awesome sauce.

--Okay.. On to the good stuff--


So, for homeschooling, my dear friend (who happens to be an AMAZING teacher and my mentor) suggested that I use the NC public school curriculum to create Logan's lesson plans.  Awesome idea.  And if it saves me money I'm on it like gravy on mashed potatoes.
So, here I am doing lesson plans and Logan comes in the living room (with his hand in his pants of course.. new thing of his.).


Mama?
Yes?
What'cha doin?
Making lesson plans.
What are those?
Things that will help you and I when you start learning at home.
Oh.


Then he went back in his room.  I heard lots of crashing and Transformer names.  Then he sang Jingle Bells.  He came back in the living room (hand in pants again).


Mama?
Yesssss?
Um..  Are we going to do science?
Sure!
Okay.


Then he went back in his room.  I heard jumping on the bed, more Transformer talk, and then: "I'm King of the WHOLE WORRRRRLLLLD!!!".  Then he came back in the living room (yes, his hand was still in his pants.. I started to wonder if he was playing with his toys with one hand and keeping the other in his pants.  I decided I wouldn't ask..)


Mama?
Yesssss?
I have an idea..  You might not like it.
What's your idea bud?
Um.  It's a science idea.
Okay.. What is it?
Can we figure out why farts make bubbles in the tub?
Sure kid.  We can try.


Then he trotted off merrily into his room shouting "I'm gonna learn about FA-A-ARTS!".
What a kid.

In other news, Laney loves Starfall.com.  Check it out if you get a chance.  It's a wonderful learning resource and it's fun. Who knows?  Maybe I'll have a kid who's ahead of the game one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment