Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fantastic New Homeschooling Resource!

First things first.  Logan is doing exceptionally well with homeschooling.  I know that pulling him out of public school was absolutely what he needed.  But I was at my breaking point.  I thought that I wanted to throw out every homeschool book that had ever been created and toss him back into the public school system next year stop homeschooling.  I was feeling like, if he was behind, it was my fault and the burden of my child's education rested solely on me.  And I tend to overanalyze and overreact so it was constantly over my head.

So I enlisted the help of my trusty 'ol Google and came upon a website:  www.time4learning.com
Let me just tell you.  It's amazing.  I feel like an enormous weight has been lifted off me.  Given, this was our first day using it but it was absolutely fantastic.  Logan actually wanted to do more school.  Now, that's definitely something he's never asked for before.  He's excited about tomorrow.


Here are some of my favorite perks:

  • It's very inexpensive.  They're having a special now where it's $4 for the first month and $19 and some change for every month after.
  • You can deactivate your child's account for summer or vacation and pay a reduced fee without losing any of their running academic records.
  • They give you a running record of their grades on all completed activities.
  • It's FUN for the kids!
  • You can cancel at any time.
  • It's very parent friendly.  Parents set the amount of time the child has to do schoolwork and when the time is up the child is permitted to play approved online games.
  • Extremely easy to navigate.
  • They provide the ENTIRE homeschool curriculum and lesson plan.  It's all in order.  It's completely organized and easy to use.
  • The graphics are great.  They aren't cheesy, poorly photoshopped, clip art crap.  They're good, bright, colorful graphics that are fun to look at and keep my kid (and this is a challenge) engaged.


Now, this doesn't only have to be for homeschooling parents/children.  This would be something wonderful for a summer refresher for kids or even a supplement to another form of education (public/private school, etc..).  It's fun enough that the kids won't think they're doing work.

Anyway, just wanted to share my awesome find of the day.  Hopefully some of you (especially parents who are struggling just a bit with homeschooling their children) will be able to utilize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment